tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: Milestone build ( M2 )
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:31:53 GMT
Sorry for being late on the security stuff, got sick last week.

I got half way to implement JAAS (java.sun.com/products/jaas) support,
will show up something later this week.

Since JAAS allows authentication to occur before the Web server (e.g.
when connecting to the VPN), it requires slight modification to the
security provider interface.

It also requires that Tomcat present the realm to the security provider,
and not model the security provider on the realm.

arkin