tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: Security in tomcat
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:09:07 GMT
JAAS is sort of a work in progress. Some of the ideas there are very
good, and I plan to use them, some stuff is just not well specified, so
we'll need to figure that out as we go along.

JAAS is not dependent on 1.3. Caller-based permissions are available in
1.3 only, but for Tomcat you only need role-based permissions, so it can
be done with 1.2.

arkin