tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <Eduardo.Pelegrillop...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: CAFE for Servlet and JSP expert groups
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:46:43 GMT
[disclaimer: I am no lawyer, nor do I play one on TV]

The individual fee is pretty low (I hear $100) so it should not be (too)
much of an issue, but I hear what you are saying.  The fee is to be a
"participant", which means you can ask to be in an expert group and you
get an extra early peek into specs; the intention of the fee is to help
cover the costs to run the JCP.  It is not "per JSR" but a "per
participant"; I believe it is anual.

The agreement with apache was regarding RI and tests, my understanding
of the Jakarta license is that Sun is puting the RI and the tests under
apache license, which means Sun cannot charge for them.  That seems
quite reasonable.

Hope this helps,
	- eduard/o