tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <cmcclana...@mytownnet.com>
Subject Re: Running multiple servlet instances
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:01:07 GMT
The current Tomcat code just calls the servlet's service() method inside a
"synchronized" block if the servlet implements SingleThreadModel, and calls it
directly if not.  In order to support more than one instance, you'd need to add
just that -- a mechanism that manages a cache of instances, makes sure you call
just one at a time, allows configuration of the cache size, and (most important)
deals correctly with the case where all your current instances are in use and a
new request comes in.

Craig