tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Fox <t...@hyperlink.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Custom Tags
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 16:05:22 GMT
"Hitesh Kr. Seth" wrote:

> I am getting the following error message when I execute the Custom Tag
> example
> with Tomcat (http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/simpletag/foo.jsp).
>
> Error: 500
> try to access class com.sun.xml.tree.ParentNode from class
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl

(This one comes up again and again - suggestion - maybe it should go on the
faqs?)

Problem is due to the binary release of tomcat (some mismatch in class files),
you need to get the source from apache and build it yourself (don't worry - this
is easy).

> Do I need to put Sun's Parser into Tomcat path or something?

No, you wouldn't get that message if it couldn't find the class.

Hope that helps

--
Tim Fox (¦¬o)

Hyperlink plc