tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Clark, Tom" <tom.cl...@compaq.com>
Subject Running multiple servlet instances
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 23:36:31 GMT
Hi,
  I'm trying to run some SingleThreadedModel servets with tomcat and I can't
seem to get more than one instance of each to start up.  I've put multiple
<servlet> ...<\servlet> clauses in my web.xml and they all go thru the
init() method, but when I try to run them with our loadrunner tools, only
one of each class runs the service() method.  The duplicate instances don't
get activated.
  In reading the SingleThreadedModel documents, it talks about having a pool
of servlet instances and running multiple instances for multiple requests,
but I don't see this happening in tomcat.
  Anyone know if this is supposed to work and if so, how to make it happen?
Any help is appreciated.

     thanks,
        Tom Clark

Tom.Clark@Compaq.com