tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Randall Parker" <rand...@nls.net>
Subject Re: why ClassNotFoundException on attempt to dynamically load a class?
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:34:55 GMT
Daniel,

If "SpecificReport" is part of a package then if you are importing that package into the class
where you are doing this then this line will work. There is an implicit package name the compiler
can search
for to add to what you see on that line:
 >   SpecificReport aSpecificReport = new SpecificReport();

But in this case the run-time will not know about the package name: