tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From william-joseph.middle...@telenor.com
Subject Wow, a TOMCAT Mail Archive (Was: RE: [PROPOSAL] <Servlet> tag)
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2000 03:54:09 GMT
> One of the biggest issue with the the number of people requesting or
> demanding features is increasing much faster than the number of people
> willing to contribute time and effort to tomcat.  The most immediate
> need is for someone to get a web based archive of the list
> up.

Crunch, grind, slog, slurp, grok...

Ok, you got it. (But only for tomcat-dev)

I requested all of the archives, chunked everything down
with some perl, and put everything from
the beginning of the list up to the time I went to bed in one
folder, and began archiving all new messages in another.

It all starts at http://www.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat

I make my living with Perl, but I am now starting to learn
Servlets.  I appreciate the time and effort which has gone
into Tomcat, and will be using it in cooperation with Apache
serving mostly perl CGI to access services in our CORBA layer
which perl cannot get to.  (Darn IONA has no Perl bindings)

Thanks again.  This html archive should stay current, via
procmail and MHonArc, but I wont have alot of time to throw at it.

Thanks again for your efforts on Tomcat.

Bill

----
Bill Middleton
Systems Engineer, Co-founder of the Internet
Telenor Mobil ITS - Norway
X85673, Mobil: 917 14 674