tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Meade <eme...@geekfarm.org>
Subject Re: Early/Major problems in TomcatM2RC1 on win-98
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:21:48 GMT
I to have tried running Tomcat on Win98, also.

I get the same Bad command or file name, which I think
is caused by the @set local command in the .bat files I
took them out and it seemed to work.

I had some problems trying to run the: runTest.  It looked
as if tomcat was trying to start up a ServerSocket on 8080
for the servlets and on 8080 again for jsp.  The conf files
looked good, but while messing around I broke something.

When I went back to rebuild I started getting an error for
importing javac ( the tools.jar is still in my class path. ).  I
reinstalled Java and checkedout all the source fresh, yet
I am still having the same problem.  I would just reformat
and reinstall, but I don't have a spare machine right now.

Erik Meade