tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject i18n/l10n issues with servlet-accessible webpages
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:18:28 GMT
Is there a proposed layout/implementation that allows to organize the
webpages that web applications can deliver to consider the request's locale ?

---

We are considering deploying a document structure that is similar to
the Unix (solaris) localization:

	web-app/
		locale/
		       C/
		         index.html
		       EN_us/
		       	     index.html
		       EN_uk/
		       	     index.html
		       FR_fr/
		       	     index.html
		       	  .
		       	  .

And implement accessor methods that can compute the correct page to be
delivered based on request.getLocale() and 'smart searching' of the appropriate
page instance.

--

Has anybody developed/designed/considered such issues ?

Arieh