tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject Question: how to stop when RMI registry not available ?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 23:17:46 GMT
I am embedding tomcat in a Java application in order to provide HTTP-based
manageability for the application.

When trying to stop the embedded webserver on the application I am embedding
tomcat in, I cannot take advantage of using the RMI registry for the
administrative port, since the registry is used by the application itself.

I am trying to find a way to perform a tomcat shutdown without stopping
the application itself.

If I invoke the HttpServer.stop() method directly, my application
terminates.

I am wondering what is the appropriate solution.

---

I tried using org.apache.tomcat.shell.AdminImpl without much success
(I will have to extend it/rewrite it to make its constructor accessible
outside of the 'shell' package).

---

Ideas ??

Thanks,