tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Randall Parker" <rand...@nls.net>
Subject web-inf\classes and where the JVM loads Tomcat servlets
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:59:02 GMT
Does Tomcat only use the list of classes under web-inf\classes to know what are valid servlets?

What I'd like to do during development is to have Tomcat load servlet classes from the classpath
and not from web-inf\classes.

I wouldn't mind putting files in web-inf\classes if it wasn't necessary to copy them there
after every source code change and
recompile.

So how does Tomcat do the actual class loading for a HttpServlet class? Does it use the classpath?
Or does first check the
web-inf\classes directories?

The reason I ask this is that I'm using an IDE that is not file-based, VAJ.