tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Interesse Michelangelo <M.Intere...@netsiel.it>
Subject Session already invalidated
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:38:44 GMT
Hi folks,

I've just joined the list, so I'm sorry if some of the issues have already
been answered.

1) While evaluating Tomcat, I've migrated my own servlets/JSPs from version
3.0 to 3.1M1, getting the following error when creating a new Session.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: setAttribute: Session already invalidated
	at
org.apache.tomcat.session.StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession.java:
709)
	at NMWeB.doGet(NMWeB.java:184)	<---- my servlet
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:240)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:347)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:144)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:305)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

What's  strange (not too much !) is that this happen only the first time I
call the servlet, but the subsequent calls work fine.
With previous version of Tomcat (3.0) I had no problem about that, but
because I'm now planning to integrate the Cocoon framework I need a newer
version.

The code I wrote in my servlet is:

		HttpSession sss=req.getSession(false);
		if(sss!=null)
			sss.invalidate();

		sss=req.getSession(true);
	184:	sss.setAttribute("utente","*");

Any fix or workaround about this issue ?

2) When the next version (or milestone) of Tomcat will be available?

Thanks

Michelangelo Interesse
      Process Support Systems
               Netsiel S.p.A.