tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hitesh Kr. Seth" <hitesh.s...@seranova.com>
Subject Tomcat and Custom Tags
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 15:51:55 GMT
Greetings

My Environment is
Windows NT Server 4.0/SP4/Tomcat 3.0 StandAlone/JDK 1.2.2

I am getting the following error message when I execute the Custom Tag
example
with Tomcat (http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/simpletag/foo.jsp).

Error: 500
try to access class com.sun.xml.tree.ParentNode from class
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl

Do I need to put Sun's Parser into Tomcat path or something?

Here is the error message from the Tomcat Execution Window

Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report
such
errors more gracefully
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
com.sun.xml.tree.ParentNode fr
om class org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoIm
pl.java:157)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspP
arseEventListener.java:648)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(Delegat
ingListener.java:110)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:188)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:984)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:959)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:955)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:140)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessar
y(JspServlet.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
vlet.java:148)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
47)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:352)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServiceInvocationHandler.method(ServletWrapper
.java:626)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper
.java:534)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:378)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.handleRequest(Context.java:644)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:440
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:144)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:30
4)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Best Regards

Hitesh Kr. Seth