tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: How to embed Tomcat in my Java program?
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 10:10:56 GMT

I don't think that is the approach to be taken in general.

The tomcat core and the tomcat startup code are independent so you can use a
different startup mechanism with the tomcat core. This is the intention
behind SimpleStartup.java. Unfortunately this is currently broken. I think
Costin has even removed it for now. You can either wait for him to put back
a working version or try your hand at your own using the ContextManager in
place of the HttpServer.

Cheers
Conor