tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Widmar" <swidm...@irf.com>
Subject tomcat on linux (another)
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 06:15:37 GMT
Hello all -

Brand new to this project & trying to install/configure/use the
tomcat stuff... (thanks for that)

Have apache 1.3.9 on linux mandrake 6.0 working ok.

Have downloaded tomcat.zip (maybe a mistake there) and unzip OK and
chmod to +x on the *.sh, but . startup.sh results in 'bash:
/bin/tomcat.sh: No such file or directory.'

The README sez the startup.sh script is Korn Shell; is this a shell
issue (I'm running bash)?
If I hardwire the directory prepended to tomcat.sh I get the
'Using classpath:
{$TOMCAT_HOME}/webserver.jar:{$TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/servlet.jar:{$TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/jasper.jar:{$TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/xml.jar:usr/bin/../lib/tools.jar'
response (where {$TOMCAT_HOME} is my system-specific and hopefully
unimportant absolute path to tomcat) but doing the same to shutdown.sh
hangs it...

I am anxious to get to the fun part; unfortunately to do that I have
to bother you people.

Help?

Thanks,
Steve

(BTW: java -version gets me:
Kaffe Virtual Machine
Engine: Just-in-time Version: 1.0b4 Java Version: 1.1)