tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject ResponseImpl vs HttpServletResponseAdapter
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:57:37 GMT
What exactly is the division of responsiblities between ResponseImpl (RI)
and HttpServletResponseAdapter (HSRA)? Anyone know?

Some baaad stuff going on here. RI has its own state for headers and such.
HSRA overrides some of the methods (but not all) and uses its own state
variables.

Am trying to track a watchdog failure: AddHeader tests. Seemed like some
serious magic was going on when my printlns in RI.setHeader work but
printlns in RI.addHeader don't. Then I see that HSRA has overridden one
but not the other :-)

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)