tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Why was tomcat 3.0 released?
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:06:20 GMT
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> The problem is that JServ is 2.0 and Jakarta is 2.2.  The community
> really needs a 2.2 "solid" servlet container/engine.  Between the
> deprecated methods and RequestDispatcher it is a large gap between 2.0
> and 2.2.  It would be nice if we could fully integrate it into Apache
> and then hit the milestones.

Agree that the community needs a good servlet 2.2 engine.

"Fully integrate with Apache". What exactly do you mean? Which part of the
integration would you be most interested in? Can you start working on this
for the second Milestone? That's Feb 15, not too far.

> ---------
>          } catch (Exception ex) {
>              throw new JasperException ("an error has occured in a
> method");
>          }
> ---------

Yeah, bad. Will change that sucker to what you posted initially.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)