tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: You have to break eggs to make an omlette [was: LONG TERM PLAN]
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:29:40 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 costin@costin.dnt.ro wrote:

> Does everyone agree that tomcat.core will have a dependency on DOM ?
> ( tomcat.current doesn't - is this a feature we want for the new architecture?)

Why? Is it because the interceptors are picked from server.xml and are
configured in by core?

It would be nice if core didn't have a dependency. It makes core lesser
embeddable. I'd like to see APIs that allow us to plug interceptors in and
the server.xml file is read and then these APIs are called at startup
time.