tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [LONG TERM PLAN] Proposed Architecture for Tomcat.Next Servlet Container
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:59:38 GMT
Hans,

We had a discussion on this: separate vs 3.1 branch (or revolution vs
evolution) a little while back. There was a sort of voting and some of us
felt it would be good to incorporate all of Craig's ideas into Tomcat 3.1
gradually.

I feel we reached a decision there and we should continue on the Tomcat
3.1 track until we have a stable release by March. After the 3.1
experience, perhaps we can revisit this decision, evaluate the health
of the Tomcat codebase and see if we indeed should move over to a new
branch for sanity/evolvability reasons.

What do you think?

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)