tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@costin.dnt.ro
Subject Re: Apache+Tomcat - open projects
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:15:53 GMT
> Because it is a ROYAL pain in the a** to create autoconf/automake/libtool
> stuff.

Plus:

mod_jserv is very clean code, with almost no special C in it.
It should compile on any platform Apache compiles, without any need for
magic autoconf guessing.

Also, it is just an Apache module - we should't re-do the guessing that
Apache did. I know people don't like APXS because it's Perl, but IMHO the
right way to compile Apache modules is using an Apache tool.

All mod_jserv in tomcat can be compiled with only one statement, and
probably will be automated as a <ant> task.
( apxs -o mod_jserv.so *.c )

Costin