tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Dietl <wdi...@cs.bgsu.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.0 + Apache 1.3.9 on SGI Irix 6.5
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 22:10:27 GMT
Hi!

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Muness Al-Rubaie wrote:
> > x I want to use Tomcat as Servlet-Engine only.
> >   How do I stop it from serving on port 8080?
> >   I tried setting the port in server.xml to -1 but that didn't work.
> Just comment out the (java) web server configuration in server.xml. ;)
Could you please be a little bit more specific.
If I comment out the whole <Server...> </Server> the Servlet Engine
doesn't work anymore, nothing is started on port 8007.
If I only remove the <ContextManager port="8080"...> then I get a
parse error:

SAXParseException: file:/usr/people/mhdbexp/tomcat/server.xml : 47
  msg : Element "Server" requires additional elements.

What would you let in the server.xml file?

cu, WMD.