tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From John Leveille <John.Levei...@sas.com>
Subject session not preserved when going through Apache
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:42:53 GMT
Hello,

I downloaded Apache 1.3.9 and built it with mod_jserv.  Then I downloaded and built tomcat
for my system (HPUX 10.20).  When I run the tomcat startup I noticed that it starts two listen
tasks -- one on port 8080 that appears to be a web server and one on port 8007 that appears
to be the JSP engine.

When I go through my apache server (running on port 5999) and run the tomcat examples they
do not work correctly.  When I go through the server on port 8080 they do work.  I have determined
the problem to be coming from the fact that when I access tomcat via Apache the session is
getting recreated with each request.

Any idea why this may be happening to me?

My second question is this:  If I intend to run tomcat via Apache is there some way I can
turn off the java web server running on port 8080?  I don't think I am going to need it.

Thanks,
John

--
John P. Leveille                 sasjpl@sas.com
Web Tools                        (919) 677-8000  x7025

Nature and nature's laws lay hid by night
God said "let Newton be" and all was light.   -- Alexander Pope