tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Haupt-Hansen <ha...@3ENIGHEDEN.DK>
Subject RE: problem running tomcat on linux
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2000 16:01:27 GMT
As others have stated before, the howto's are a somewhat vague on the fact
that you have to start the tomcat server manually (because of the
"ApJServManual On" directive). I had the same problem for some time until I
figured out how to start the tomcat server. This is done by
<tomcat-root>/startup.sh, which on my installation had to have execute-right
set.

Furthermore it *will* cause problems if you set your apache to use port 8080
as the Tomcat HTTP server uses that port (unless they are on different
machines of course ;-).  I use port 81 for my Apache (I use tomcat for very
preliminary testing) and port 8080 for the Tomcat HTTP server. You can do
http://hostname:8080 to verify, that your tomcat server is up and running.

Yours

Lars Haupt-Hansen