tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jon * <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: Apache+Tomcat - open projects
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:48:35 GMT
on 1/24/00 7:43 PM, Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com> wrote:

> I have been wondering why we are packaging mod_jserv in a half-assed way,
> i.e. no Makefile, configure, etc, when ApacheJServ seems to be centered
> around just such developement and distribution.
>
> Please accept that my comment is not to be critical. I say it that way
> because what I ended up doing was copying our source into a post ./configure
> ApacheJServ c/ in order to build it for FreeBSD. It was a bit funky
> to say the least.
>
> Dan

Because it is a ROYAL pain in the a** to create autoconf/automake/libtool
stuff.

I did most of the hard testing work for the Apache JServ 1.1 stuff with
major help and kudo's to Vadim. Let me tell you, I spent probably about 2
weeks solid working on just that issue alone. It sucked.

;-(

If you would like to volunteer to help do it for Tomcat, I'm sure that it
would be appreciated, but the above statements will probably turn you off
from doing it. It is dirty, nasty work.

-jon

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>