tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jon * <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: [Catalina] Revised Project Proposal
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:42:11 GMT
on 1/19/00 10:51 PM, Craig R. McClanahan <cmcclanahan@mytownnet.com> wrote:

> PS:  Why "Catalina?"  Because it was suggested (thanks Hans!) as another
> island (in the Jakarta tradition, but without the political overtones
> :-).  It also happens to have a city named Avalon on it, which would be
> quite appropriate as we consider using the Avalon framework
> (http://java.apache.org) in the refinement of this proposal.

Rock on! Catalina rocks. I used to fly in a aerobatics plane with a
professor friend of mine in college between palos verdes and catalina. It is
like a 1.5 hour roller coaster ride without the tracks, many many many more
loops, and a big ocean below you. ;-) We would land on the island at the
airport and eat buffalo burgers at the restaurant there (and try to hold it
down on the way back home <smile>). The airport is on top of one of the
mountains and is crazy to land on because it is at an angle, so it appears
as though you are going to crash into the mountain right before you land.

We should have a "Jakarta Conference" there sometime.

+1

-jon

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>