tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Beta support for IIS and Netscape plugins for Tomcat
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:11:19 GMT

jon wrote:
>Please note that we should finalize the protocol and/or abstract it out
from
>the rest of the code. The reason I say this is that from experience with
the
>Apache JServ project, someone will commit a plugin from another server
(look
>in the whiteboard module, we have stuff for Netscape), but then they don't
>end up maintaining it because the protocol always changes. Lets try to
make
>this stuff as easy as possible to maintain.

I'd just like to point out something that may not be obvious to all.  The
person who wrote this code is the same one that posted a question on this
mailing list asking for more information on ajp23.  I believe that he is
very interested in converging with and exploting whatever is available.
Just be aware that he is in Israel, so it will be several hours before it
it again daylight in his area of the world.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  Note that this is not an area where I will provide much in the way of
value add, other than perhaps as a cheerleader and facilitator.