tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Are "burn-in" periods really required for milestone drops?
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:55:15 GMT

Half-way through the burn-in period for this 3.1M1, I can't help but wonder
if asking developers to hold back for a week or so is really a good idea.
We've certainly gotten a bit more feedback than we would have gotten had we
not had the milestone, but nothing yet in my opinion that would couldn't
wait until the next milestone.

I'm not advocating the elimination of the burn in period for final
releases, but I do think we should seriously consider eliminating them for
milestones.  My plans are to keep with the current plan for this cycle (and
doing a last build on Saturday), and fold in any feedback on the plan in
the next cycle.

Thoughts?

- Sam Ruby