tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Release planning (was some jsp pages fail & Tomcat.next)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 21:38:04 GMT

Costin wrote:
>I can help with Linux on Intel/Sparc or Solaris, or any other Unix.

OK, can you do me a favor and take a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/log/watchdog-test-Linux-i386-200001*.log?

Two major issues on Linux that I know of.  First is the obvious problem
that there is no output being captured.  Second is that there is seemingly
random java.io.IOException: Broken pipe.  For the latter there was a posted
patch that IIRC was an admitted hack that no-one was interested in
comitting.

There also is an issue on SunOS nightly builds which I believe would go
away if moo were compiled from source.  I tried to change main.xml to add a
moo target and add a dependency on moo from all.  This didn't make a
difference, so clearly I don't understand how the nightly builds are built.

>-1 on 3.1 ( 3.0.1 since it doesn't include any major change, let's use the
>main branch for development and the release branch for "bug-fix"
>releases )

I don't care what the release is called, but two questions:

1) Does anybody know anything which to date has been comitted which should
NOT be included in 3.0.1?  At the moment, I don't know of anything that
meets this criteria.

2) If the answer to #1 is no, when does anybody anticipate wanting to
making such a change?

Obviously, what I am leading to is exploiting the main branch for as long
as I can, and only forking the tree when there is a reason to do so.

- Sam Ruby