tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Metcalf <>
Subject Tomcat security directive for preserving context and sessionids?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:45:09 GMT
> We recently changed over to Apache/Tomcat from Apache/JServ.
> Question: When using Apache/JServ the HttpSessionContext id for different sessions is
the same. This is good and is what is expected. Sessionids for that context can be retrieved
and are enumerated. All is well.
> Apache/Tomcat however...ack! The HttpSessionContext id is not preserved;  that is, there
is no common context in the server that can be retrieved so that sessionids for that context
can be enumerated.
> Is there a Tomcat security directive I'm missing here that might be applied? I've looked
through the faq's, the forums, the archived elements of this listserv,   etc...and cannot
find a reference to this issue. Thank you.
> Jim Metcalf
> SAS Institute, Inc.
> Cross Product Technologies
> S58012