tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Cruikshank <a...@epitonic.com>
Subject Re: Sessiontimeout: How to set?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:33:11 GMT
At 07:02 PM 1/24/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Sorry, I know this is a developer list, BUT I have a very urgent problem
>
>setup   : latest cvs tomcat / Apache 1.3.9 / Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a / Sun jdk
>1.2.2-001
>
>In my Web App i have specified:

I think this is a bug, but I haven't had time to figure out what is going
on and declare it to the group as such.  I have the same problem.  The only
work-around I know of is to run a JSP page that looks like this:

<%@ page import="org.apache.tomcat.core.ApplicationSession" %>
<%
    ((ApplicationSession) session).setMaxInactiveInterval( 10800 );
    out.println( session.getMaxInactiveInterval() );
%>

This sets the session time out directly.  You have to run it every time the
server is restarted.  If you are running a CVS build, you might be able to
change classes/org/apache/tomcat/shell/deployment/server.xml.  I think that
this is the file that is clobbering the settings in the server.xml in
tomcat's directory, but I'm not sure that changing it will fix the
problem.  Hope this helps for now.

- Alex Cruikshank
Senior Software Engineer
Epitonic.com