tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Janowski <d...@3skel.com>
Subject Re: Apache+Tomcat - open projects
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:43:24 GMT
costin@costin.dnt.ro wrote:

> - Packaging - the scripts are still far from perfect, and installing
> tomcat and apache are still hard.

I have been wondering why we are packaging mod_jserv in a half-assed way,
i.e. no Makefile, configure, etc, when ApacheJServ seems to be centered
around just such developement and distribution.

Please accept that my comment is not to be critical. I say it that way
because what I ended up doing was copying our source into a post ./configure
ApacheJServ c/ in order to build it for FreeBSD. It was a bit funky
to say the least.

Dan

--
Dan Janowski     danj@3skel.com       Triskelion Systems, Inc.     Bronx, NY