tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Beta support for IIS and Netscape plugins for Tomcat
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:00:33 GMT
"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > Being the first author of mod_jserv (back in 1998), I always wanted to
> > "port" it to other web server, but mainly for lack of knowledge, I was
> > never able to get it up and running...
> > I'm all +1 for multiple web server support....
>
> It is a good idea.  Although I hope to someday witness Apache kill off
> NES and IIS, more Open Source code... in more places is a Good Thing.
> It will be an awesome feedback loop.

I hope that IIS and NES will be ever there... Competition is what is
driving us all, showing that what we can do in our free time is faster
and more reliable than what big fat corporates are doing with well-paid
developers.
For me, competition is everything... If there's no competition I loose
my itches :)

> The other plus is that IIS users will actually be able to run a product
> without any bugs :)

:) hehehe :) and they could say that "not all the software comes buggy"

	Pier (a Win32 user :)