tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward R. Foley" <erfo...@delphi.com>
Subject Error when building Tomcat
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:54:03 GMT
I just (Monday 1/24 at 1:30PM EST) downloaded the latest code from CVS
for jakarta-tomcat, jakarta-ant and jakarta-watchdog. I am running the
following configuration:

NT 4.0 SP 4
Apache 1.3.9
JDK 1.2.2

When I did a "build clean" followed by a "build" for tomcat I received
the following error:

G:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat>build
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.2
Project base dir set to: G:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat
Executing Target: prepare
Created dir: G:\jakarta\build\tomcat
Created dir: G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\classes
Created dir: G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\etc
Created dir: G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\src
Created dir: G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\lib
Copying 114 files to G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\webpages
Copying 100 files to G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\examples
Copying 42 files to G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\src\javax
Copying 9 files to G:\jakarta\build\tomcat
Executing Target: main
Compiling 309 source files to G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\classes
G:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\jasper\JspCompilationContext.java:76:
Class org.apache.jasper.compiler.PluginJavaCompiler not found in import.
import org.apache.jasper.compiler.PluginJavaCompiler;
       ^
1 error
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

When I checked the org\apache\jasper\compiler directory the module
PluginJavaCompiler was not there. Did someone recently remove it?

Ed Foley
Webclaims,LLC