tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <jwt...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [Catalina] Discussion - Component Configuration Strategy
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:49:58 GMT

costin@costin.dnt.ro wrote:

> ( XMLTree is just one of the ways to set up tomcat - even if I don't like
> it, it is a valid and accepted solution. Other ways are JNDI,

to quantify XMLTree as a solution is a bit grandious.

XMLTree was just a first stab at supporting web.xml while containing
the necessary xml parsing code. top prevent xml ooze so to speak. it
was not intended as an end all solution as to how best to handle xml
parsing. to make such an assertion is akin to stating "i don't need to read
the rest of the book as i know how it ends based on the my perusing of
the preface."

hope this helps,

- james