tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Jikes for JSP compilation is broken
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:10:51 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Hans Bergsten wrote:
>
> > jikesCompilerPath: the absolute path to the jikes binary, or just "jikes"
> >                    if the binary is in the PATH.
>
> Agreed
>
> > I prefer my suggestion above; it's not clean to provide special support
> for
> > one specific compiler in a pluggable compiler model IMHO.
>
> Including Sun's?

;-) Well, there should be one default compiler ... It's no big deal. If you
like to simplify the Jikes case, and it can be done without making any
strange things, go for it. Maybe yet another init param:

  jspBuiltInCompiler:  Used to select on of the built-in compilers, currently
                       "jikes" or "sun". "sun" is the default.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com