tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: You have to break eggs to make an omlette [was: LONG TERM PLAN]
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:17:03 GMT
> You can read web.xml yourself, using getDocumentBase(), or if you want
> a different way to read web.xml - just create a new interceptor.

That is what I'm doing right now. I copied the code from Tomcat so I get
the document base and acquire the web.xml, so I'm compatible with 3.0.
I'm just not sure if it's a portable way. Is it possible that a future
version will acquire the document in some other way (e.g. using a
different loader) which will not be accessible to me directly?

arkin