tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: You have to break eggs to make an omlette [was: LONG TERM PLAN]
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:48:33 GMT
Introspection would be nice thing to have, but rather limited in its
capabilities (I'm talking about Ant-like introspection).

However, having developed such an interceptor, if Tomcat can perform Ant
like configuration on the interceptor and map attributes into
properties, that would give my interceptor enough information to get up
and running, and won't bore me with DOM/XmlTree details.

Once I have that minimum set of information I can grab the proper
configuration file, which relies on substantially more complicated and
non trivial Java - XML mapping, or I can lookup them up in an LDAP
server, etc.

I believe that interceptors should either require simple configuration
which server.xml can contain, or complex configuration which should
exist outside of server.xml. This approach caters for the simple and
easy, as well as the overly complicated.

So, +1 on Ant-like introspection.

arkin