tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: [TOMCAT.NEXT] Proposal Sources Checked In
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:45:08 GMT

Wong Kok Wai wrote:

> Assaf Arkin wrote:
>

> > I'm giving this issue some thought, especially since I'm looking at two
> > types of solution.
> >

> Sounds like EJB session beans...

Only if you care for the EJB semantics and willing to pay the lines of
code/performance overhead.

Fact of life is that many developers out there will not be using EJB,
and most of the legacy Servlets do not. That's why I've focused on
getting the transaction and JDBC persistence working for Tomcat first,
EJB second.

Keep in mind that Tomcat is also a J2EE container, it needs to take some
of the responsibilities on itself without brushing them off to EJB land.

But yes, I recommend the EJB approach :-)

arkin