tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Zacharias J. Beckman" <zbeck...@creativesun.com>
Subject Apache/Tomcat Integration
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 21:04:42 GMT
My apologies; I'm new to the list, and I know this has been answered a
hundred times. Please point me in the right direction (I've already looked
at the HOWTO and FAQ, but I'm still stuck).

I've installed Tomcat in Apache 1.3.9 (RH Linux 6.1). The install was easy
enough, and it seems that some basic services are working--examples, mostly.

My questions are the basic "what next" type:

1. I want to install a servlet, but I want the servlet under, say,
/httpd/docs/fubar/servlets. How do I configure this? My attempts in general
lead to frustration and failure...

2. How do I get Tomcat to handle _all_ JSP pages, even the ones under
/http/docs?

And something even more important than the above: Does this release of
Tomcat (3.0) support EJB integration (that is, can I use jsp:usebean to use
an Enterprise Java Bean)? I'm trying to find out if Tomcat is a good
mechanism to support web services with Sapphire/Web... if anyone has input
or experience in that regard, I'd very much like to hear about it...
--
Zacharias J. Beckman - zbeckman@creativesun.com - (U.S.) 305-281-8701
Creative Sun Inc., Publishing for the Internet - http://www.creativesun.com

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that
knows neither victory nor defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt