tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: Drafts of JSRs (was open processes).
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 19:39:16 GMT
Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart wrote:
> Hi Ben.
> I do not have any real experience with IETF but I know that in some
> cases and with some companies public discussions are not really
> practical.  Also, some people who have worked with IETF think it tends
> to be very slow.

Umm. You plan to make public standards, and you want to explain the
reasoning, but you don't want to discuss them in public. Forgive me, but
that's plain daft. The IETF can be slow because there has to be someone
involved who actually wants to drive the process. It seems to me that
that is not a problem for the things we are discussing.

> In any case, I would like to suggest we do the best we can within the
> process we have.  As I had said before, there is a fair amount of
> flexibility in JCP.  For example, although the JCP indicates we need an
> expert group, I expect that TOMCAT-DEV will be very close to the design
> cycle, and TOMCAT-DEV is very open.
> And, on that topic, attached are the 2 drafts of the JSRs that we expect
> to submit to the JCP on Monday.

Oh no, they're not.

     - Indira Gandhi

View raw message