tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Release planning (was some jsp pages fail & Tomcat.next)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 22:35:23 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I don't care what the release is called, but two questions:
>
> 1) Does anybody know anything which to date has been comitted which should
> NOT be included in 3.0.1?  At the moment, I don't know of anything that
> meets this criteria.

My cvs-messages folder for 3.0.1 includes everything except one commit from Craig on
Interceptors. I don't think we need it for 3.0.1 but no harm including it since we can just
take a snapshot of the main branch to make a 3.0.1 release.

I suggest we do a call for votes on when and if we should make a 3.0.1 release, so that
people can hold off on their big re-org and cleanup commits.

My initial vote for having a 3.0.1 release is +1 and to do it two weeks from Monday, Jan 11.

I had intended the latest_TOMCAT_30 branch to be used for 3.0.1. Using that branch for 3.0.1
now means we need to merge in all fixes from the main back. If that is too painful, we can
and should fork off  and 3.0.1 branch NOW so that the re-org attempts for 3.1 are not slowed
down because of this release.

What does everyone think?

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)