tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin.Manola...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: Release planning (was some jsp pages fail & Tomcat.next)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 22:31:53 GMT
> OK, can you do me a favor and take a look at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/log/watchdog-test-Linux-i386-200001*.log?
>
> Two major issues on Linux that I know of.  First is the obvious problem
> that there is no output being captured.

And I have no ideea why !!

The problem is that sometimes ( or most of the time? ) the FTP connection
is refused.
( this is the reason why some RPMs and zip files have a size of 0 ).

The real problem is that when I do the manual get ( or it's in the crontab
and I'm watching it ) - it works. It fails only when I'm not watching :-)
( it may be something related with the network ? )

> Second is that there is seemingly
> random java.io.IOException: Broken pipe.  For the latter there was a posted
> patch that IIRC was an admitted hack that no-one was interested in
> comitting.

I think it needs more investigation, it shouldn't happen. We can commit
the hack until we find the real problem, but we should remember that!!

> There also is an issue on SunOS nightly builds which I believe would go
> away if moo were compiled from source.  I tried to change main.xml to add a
> moo target and add a dependency on moo from all.  This didn't make a
> difference, so clearly I don't understand how the nightly builds are built.

That's easy, main.xml is not updated automatically ( it is not supposed to
change nightly ) ....

I did an update, it should work now.

You can try to run the nightly on a local machine, my crontab is:

03 * * * * $HOME/bin/ant -f scripts/main.xml all rpm test >$HOME/cron.log 2>&1

I also have:
~/.ant.properties
package.dir=/home/ftp/pub
dist.dir=/opt