tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: request processing cleanup
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 22:11:00 GMT
How can the following be achieved with the new design:

Add a global interceptor used by all contexts (e.g. a logging
interceptor, security, etc) that must be executed before some
Interceptors (and the Servlet itself) but after other interceptors ( at
least the one that determines the context)?

Be able to start/stop a specific context without affecting the other
contexts? If a context is now served by an Interceptor, could that
Interceptor expose some management functionality?

Could the SessionInterceptor be aware of a session's access boundaries
(i.e. begin/end of service request for that session) so that sessions
can be load balanced and persisted? Could (should?) the
SessionInterceptor be used to terminate a session?

Discovery of all contexts in the server so an Interceptor can be
configured externally but the configuration will correspond to contexts
set in the server?

arkin