tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin.Manola...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: Release planning (was some jsp pages fail & Tomcat.next)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 22:05:59 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Costin wrote:
> >I can help with Linux on Intel/Sparc or Solaris, or any other Unix.
>
> OK, can you do me a favor and take a look at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/log/watchdog-test-Linux-i386-200001*.log?
>
> Two major issues on Linux that I know of.  First is the obvious problem
> that there is no output being captured.  Second is that there is seemingly
> random java.io.IOException: Broken pipe.  For the latter there was a posted
> patch that IIRC was an admitted hack that no-one was interested in
> comitting.
>
> There also is an issue on SunOS nightly builds which I believe would go
> away if moo were compiled from source.  I tried to change main.xml to add a
> moo target and add a dependency on moo from all.  This didn't make a
> difference, so clearly I don't understand how the nightly builds are built.
>
> >-1 on 3.1 ( 3.0.1 since it doesn't include any major change, let's use the
> >main branch for development and the release branch for "bug-fix"
> >releases )
>
> I don't care what the release is called, but two questions:
>
> 1) Does anybody know anything which to date has been comitted which should
> NOT be included in 3.0.1?  At the moment, I don't know of anything that
> meets this criteria.
>
> 2) If the answer to #1 is no, when does anybody anticipate wanting to
> making such a change?

Yes, if no one -1 moving to interceptors, I have a lot of code waiting!!!

( the good news - the tests are passing, but still it should not go in 3.0.1 ).

What about merging the current status of the main branch into 3.0 ?
I'll start commiting as soon as we do that.

( we can also tag the current code as 3.0.1 )

Costin