tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <cmcclana...@mytownnet.com>
Subject Re: [LONG TERM PLAN] Proposed Architecture for Tomcat.Next Servlet Container
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 21:40:07 GMT
"Anil K. Vijendran" wrote:

> My votes are +1 for incorporating your ideas into the Tomcat 3.1 branch. -1 for
> starting up on a Tomcat 4.0 Dev branch. Also, my understanding was that the major
> version changes for Servlet/JSP API changes and all non API features (including
> re-orgs) are minor version number changes.

+1 on gradual incorporation of the new architecture on a 3.1 branch.  I will shortly
propose some suggestions for what should be included in the milestones towards that
goal, so we can divvy up the work.

As Anil points out, we earlier agreed that 4.x would happen with the next servlet/JSP
API revs.

Craig