tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin.Manola...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: Release planning (was some jsp pages fail & Tomcat.next)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:23:18 GMT

> Given this state, I think we need to lay out a plan and target for a 3.1
> release.  Focus is stability and platform coverage.Included in the exit

What about a odd/even scheme, like Linux ?

3.0 is stable and pass all the tests, we will do a 3.0.1 with all the
patches and bug-fixes ( using the 3.0 branch ).

3.1 will have the core changes and may fail some tests ( we can't
claim it's stable after we change something in core).

When we feel 3.1 is stable, we can release it as 3.2 ( with the target in
March).

Costin