tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin.Manola...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: tomcat 3.0 package for Solaris 2.6 sparc Failed to install
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 19:03:16 GMT
Karl Roberts wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     ASFtomcat-pkg.tar.z failed to install on my system
>
> uname -a gives
>
>     SunOS myhost 5.6 Generic_105181-16 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5
>
> I think that the pkgmap is wrong as it specifies the user is someone
> called "costin"!

It's me :-)

PKG is _experimental_  - it's there to get your feedback and to have a
start.
Use the tar.gz file.

This bug is easy to fix - it has to use a "tomcat" or "http" user and a
"pre-install"
script that will add that user.

Or it can install as root - but I think it's a very bad ideea ( using
root is dangerous).

It's on my list, it will be fixed for next release ( when I hope we'll
pass the experimental
level :-)

Costin