tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <cmcclana...@mytownnet.com>
Subject Re: Custom Tag Class Reloading Question
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:41:54 GMT
Patrick Regan wrote:

> I am using Apache / JServ / Tomcat and have started playing with custom tags.
> If I make a change to my tag source and recompile will Tomcat automaticlly pick
> up the new version?  In my environment it looks like it is running my old
> version of the tag.  Isn't it supposed to automatically reload it?
>
> Patrick Regan

Apache JServ (the servlet engine part) can reload classes that are listed in one
of the "repositories" entries for the zone you are developing in (corresponds to a
particular servlet context), but cannot load classes that were originally loaded
from the system class path.

Tomcat does not currently have auto-reload capabilities for any classes.
(JSP pages act like they are getting reloaded, but what really happens is that a
new class gets created for each new version of the page.).

Craig McClanahan