tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <jwt...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: open processes...
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:32:22 GMT

indeed. i understanding the benefits in keeping the working team small
and focused as the issues at hand are tough enough. the problem is that
little or no time is spent on doc'ing the ongoing thoughts and discussions
which would be invaluable as a spec reference for the implementation
team to "read between the spec lines" so to speak.

if i had my way, the working alias would be open and archived yet only
the working group could post to it. that way, any/all could see the ongoing
thread and the archive would archived for posterity. parallel discussions
could take place on the associated dev aliases (ie tomcat-dev) and the
like. seems like a solid middle ground to me and i believe it'd expedite
things nicely.

later,

- james